I wasn't asked for my Prolific ID
In some instances, you will not be directly asked for your "Prolific ID" (the long identification code you have to paste into the study).
Some studies will automatically pass your unique Prolific ID through to us when you begin the study, so please don't worry if you aren't asked for this at any point in the study.
If you have any concerns, once you have completed the study, please go to Your Submissions. You should see your submission "awaiting approval". This means your submission was successful and will be reviewed by the researcher within 22 days.
What is a Completion Code?
Completion codes are usually provided by Researchers at the end of the study, but occasionally this doesn't happen.
The study may also be designed to register your submission automatically as complete upon finishing the study, and you will be directed back to the Prolific website.
If there was a problem with the completion code or URL for your study, this should not cause a problem that prevents you from getting paid as long as you've made a valid submission.
What if I haven't received a completion code?
Please follow these steps:
- If you have not yet completed the submission by clicking "Complete" or "I didn't receive a completion code", then please do this first
- Next check the status of your submission, it should read "Awaiting Review"
- If you have the completion code "NOCODE" this doesn't mean your submissions is invalid, just that the researcher may need to review it before approving. This won't affect your Prolific Score in any way and you can assume that you will receive the reward (if you have completed the study diligently)
- You may want to contact the researcher to let them know there was a problem and that they may need to review your submission
- You can edit completion codes by going to 'Submissions', clicking on the completion code and updating it
If you do the above and still do not see the study you just completed in your submissions, please contact the support team via the link below.