(1) First, sign up for free as a participant.
(2) Click on "Studies" – this is where you will first be directed to complete our demo study and where all future studies available to you will be shown.
(3) You may or may not be eligible for certain studies. To find out whether you are eligible, try answering some prescreening questions in the "About You" section.
(4) Before being able to participate in any studies, we ask all participants to go through our verification process. To do this, visit your "Account" page and follow the steps below.
(5) So you've completed our demo study and been through all of our verification steps, what next? You are now ready to be participating in research! If you are eligible and would like to participate in a study, select the blue "Select This Study" button.
Complete the study according to the researcher's instructions, and click on the completion URL at the end of the study to prove that you have completed the study. Depending on the study you take part in, it is also possible that you will get redirected back to Prolific automatically after you complete the last question.
Upon successful completion of a study, you will have to wait until the researcher approves (or rejects) your submission. This usually happens within 1-3 days, but may sometimes take up to 22 days. We kindly ask for your patience while researchers do their best to review your submissions as quickly as possible.
Please note: Researchers should never ask you for identifiable information (e.g. your email, phone number, etc.).
Importantly, they should also never have prescreening questions as part of their study (e.g. exclude you from the study while you're doing it). If they do any of this, please report this back to us.