There are a few reasons why you're unable to log in. This article has password reset instructions and some troubleshooting solutions to help you get back into your account.
The first thing to do is try a password reset. Use these steps to reset your Prolific password and log back into your Prolific account:
- Visit the login page
- Enter the email address you signed up with and click 'Send reset instructions'
- Follow the steps provided on the password reset email
- Once logged in, head to your Account Page and scroll down to Security -> Password to update your password
Top tip: Wait 10 minutes to use your new password, our system might not recognise it straight away.
I didn't receive a password reset email
- Check your junk/spam inbox, or search for firstname.lastname@example.org in your inbox
- If you use capital letters in your email address, try each variation of this as our login system is case-sensitive, i.e.:
- If you're still having trouble, raise a support ticket to contact our support team by clicking the button below
I've lost access to the email address on my account
- Please raise a support ticket using the link below, and we'll be happy to help!
Troubleshooting login issues
If the password reset didn't work, try the suggestions under each of the headings below.
To help us prevent bots, we use Google reCAPTCHA
. This is a background process that allows us to distinguish between human and automated access to the platform. If you have received this error code, these automated checks have been unable to confirm whether you are friend or foe.
The site may work in other browsers, we only aim to support the most recent versions of: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Edge. For mobile: Chrome, Android browser, iOS Safari, Firefox Mobile and Opera Mobile. We've had a number of reports of issues with the Brave browser and this has been reported to Brave for further investigation on their end. Our suggested workaround is to use another browser in the meantime.
Malware can have all sorts of negative effects on your PC, including not being able to pass reCAPTCHA
. For this reason, we recommend running some anti-malware software to identify any potential issues that might be stopping you from accessing Prolific.
Clear cookies/site data
If you have been through the above and are still experiencing problems, we suggest you clear your browser's cookies and site data and try again. Sometimes, we just need to blow away the cobwebs!
If you are using a password manager or have set your browser to remember your password, you may need to type in your login details again and update the configuration.
Time and date settings
For security reasons, we now require that the time and date on your computer is set accurately. Most modern systems set this automatically for you so you shouldn't have to worry, but if you experience problems, please check your system setting. You'll need to make sure that you set both the correct date and correct timezone. You can also check your time and date settings are correct by visiting https://time.is
where you should see the message "Your time is exact!"
I need further help
Click to contact our Support Team